Thursday 19 June 2014

52 weeks in public health research, part 24

Posted by Catt Turney

This week I was tweeter-in-residence for two events - a symposium on health promotion in schools (#SchlHealth) and the launch of the School Health Research Network (#SHRN14). I was busy being proud of myself for keeping to the right account and hashtag, when I noticed that I'd tweeted this photo of our Co-Director upside-down. I deleted, rotated it and tweeted again - still upside-down. Moral of the story: Twitter is four-dimensional, or this photo just really wants to be upside-down. It seemed a shame to deny it that chance, so here it is.

The school health symposium meant I got to have a day of working at home at my grandma's in London. Cue amazing vintage healthy-eating books - full of mostly quite sensible advice, interspersed with the odd bit of quackery and some amazingly 70s recipes.

DECIPHer's Clerical Officer, Natalie, preparing for the SHRN launch whilst modelling a new innovative storage solution that we're trialling here in Cardiff - the cupboard-desk.

I've been enjoying Jenni Remnant's animal photos on the Fuse blog over the last few weeks, so wanted to try and contribute something appropriately cute from my walk home. Unfortunately all I could find were these two scraggy seagulls trying to eat each other.

-------------------

Just to remind you:

Each Thursday of 2014 we’ll try and post around four pictures on the Fuse blog that capture our weeks in public health research, from the awe-inspiring to the everyday and mundane. Given that more of the latter than the former exists in my life, I foresee problems compiling 208 images worth posting on my own. So this is going to have to be a group project. Send me an image (or images) with a sentence or two describing what aspect of your week in public health research they sum up and I’ll post them as soon as I can. You don’t have to send four together – we can mix and match images from different people in the same week.

Normal rules apply: images you made yourself are best; if you use someone else’s image please check you’re allowed to first; if anyone’s identifiable in an image, make sure they’re happy for it to be posted; nothing rude; nothing that breaks research confidentiality etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment